- This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 9 months ago by Andrew Misplon.
- July 4, 2016 at 3:51 am #4020
Hey! I love your theme, think this is my 5th or 6th site I’ve set up after purchasing the premium version of your theme. I just had a couple questions and / or suggestions.
1) I know that everything set in customizer is saved as a block of in-line css. Is there any easy way to export this so that it can be added to a child theme instead? This would make it easier if all of the customizations were in one place, although I do love the simplicity of Customizer.
2) Setting the site’s font color. Maybe I’m missing an option, but it would be nice if either a) this didn’t affect text in form elements or b) there was another toggle to change the background color of form elements. For example, on my latest site, I did a black / white / grey theme, with white font. (set in customizer). I then had to go through to every single type of text input, and change the font color to black in the child theme, so that it was readable. Is there a suggested way to handle this case?
Thank you again for such a great theme!
DanJuly 4, 2016 at 3:59 am #4021
Also, one additional question. Is there any way for the header to float on mobile, as well as on full page view?
DanJuly 4, 2016 at 5:44 am #4022
Thanks so much for your support, it’s most appreciated 🙂
1. We don’t have a native option for this yet. It could be done with Custom CSS but that isn’t a neat and tidy option. I had a quick look around for a plugin and found this one: Customizer Export/Import. I’m offline for a few hours now but will come back to you ASAP once I’ve tested this out.
2. The Site Title can be set from
Appearance > Customize > Theme Design > Header > Site Title Color. The form field background should be set from Appearance > Customize > Theme Design > Content: Element Border Color and Element Background Color. Please, let me know if that isn’t working correctly for you.
3. I hope to have the sticky header as an option for mobile in the next version. We need to sort out a few challenges with the mobile menu in this regard. I’ll come back to you with a hotfix or child theme option as soon as it’s ready to go.July 4, 2016 at 5:53 am #4023
Customizer Export/Import seems to work nicely for exporting the
Customize > Theme Designsection. Unfortunately, by default, it won’t export
Appearance > Theme Settings. In the next Ultra update we’ll be migrating those options to the Customizer.
I’m offline for a few hours now and can assist further when I’m back online with any follow-up questions. Chat then 🙂July 5, 2016 at 1:17 am #4024
Thank you once again for your quick replies! I really look forward to the sticky header on mobile. That’s the main reason why I don’t use your built-in header menu for most of my sites, and have to go with something like Mega Menu Pro. Once that’s built it, it will be one less plugin I have to install. Thank you!
DanJuly 5, 2016 at 9:20 am #4025
Thanks for your understanding. Sorry that’s been causing extra work. I’ll resolve and send a solution to you ASAP. Chat then 🙂
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.