September 22, 2015 at 10:23 am #2350
I have a huge problem, as I just finished a website for a client and it now turns out it doesn’t show properly on IE and Edge. The LinkedIn icon doesn’t show and the menu is not working – meaning you can’t click on anything and the sub-menus don’t come up either.
please help, as I think I’ve tried all solutions and I’m getting a bit desperate.September 22, 2015 at 10:27 am #2351This reply has been marked as private.September 22, 2015 at 2:13 pm #2354
Thanks for reaching out.
Several compatibility scrips will be included in the next Ultra update, due to be released in the next week. They’ll help out the older versions of IE. The current version, 11, should be fine. If you can wait for the update, that’s ideal. If not, you can run the following child theme:
When activating any child theme in WordPress you’ll notice that menu location settings and Customizer settings have reset. This is normal. If you’re prepared to redo those then:
1. Download the above ZIP file to your desktop.
2. Install from Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload Theme > Activate.
3. Redo Appearance > Customize settings.
When the next version of Ultra releases you can switch back to the parent theme.
Let us know how it goes 🙂September 22, 2015 at 5:23 pm #2355
Thanks for your reply. I installed the child theme given by you and re-did the customization, but unfortunately the issue remains the same 🙁 I’ve just refreshed the site on Edge and the menu doesn’t work at all.
Please help. If you need any information from me beyond the URL, that I gave you earlier please let me know.September 22, 2015 at 5:27 pm #2356
It’s like the whole topbar doesn’t work properly on IE – the logolink doesn’t work either. The social menu works fine.
September 22, 2015 at 5:37 pm #2358
- This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by rialni.
As far as I know edge just uses the most recent rendering engine available on that computer so if anything it should help.
Which version of IE are you testing with?September 22, 2015 at 5:41 pm #2359
I just upgraded to Windows 10, so now I’m on Windows Edge, testing it. It doesn’t work on Edge. Before it was IE10, not working either,
Child theme didn’t work, so I just switched back to normal theme.
I installed the IE enhancer and modernizer plugin – could this have an effect on the child theme not working?
September 22, 2015 at 6:23 pm #2361
- This reply was modified 3 years ago by rialni.
Thanks for your feedback 🙂 I’m back at a computer now so can help out a little easier.
1. The Windows testing machine I have with me is running Windows 7 with IE 9. All is normal. Your header, logo and drop down menu all as expected.
2. I would recommend keeping the child theme active until the next Ultra update. It adds legacy Flex Box support which helps IE 9 vertically center the logo. Small things like that.
3. I recommend de-activating the IE Enhancer plugin as the child theme is running some of the same scripts. No need to double up.
4. You have Custom CSS affecting the area that’s under question. Please, run this test. Remove all of your Custom CSS and re-test. Let me know how that goes. If removing all Custom CSS helps then do this. Add your CSS back one rule at a time. When the break occurs you’ll know which rule is the problem. We can then assist with redoing that rule in another way.September 22, 2015 at 6:29 pm #2362
Whoops, excuse my comment regarding Edge earlier. You can see how much time I spend on IE. My bad. Re-looking at things I’m pretty sure the header related Custom CSS is the issue. Let me know how you come along 🙂September 22, 2015 at 6:34 pm #2364
Thanks for your prompt assistance. I will get right on it and hope to fix it now 🙂September 22, 2015 at 6:40 pm #2365
IT WORKS!!!! It was in the custom CSS and actually a part that I wasn’t actively using anyway (#masthead opacity). Not that I understand the issue, but it works now. I’m utterly grateful! Thank you 🙂September 22, 2015 at 6:43 pm #2366
Awesome 🙂 Really glad we could locate the problem. If anything else comes up, please, let us know.
All the best.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.