- November 23, 2015 at 10:15 pm #2707
A dodgy plugin has altered my layout I deleted the plugin and no…how do i get rid of the layout change? HELP!
The page is at http://www.scroogeinspired.co.uk/the-cast-and-crew/
I can’t see or change the line on the right hand side….
How do I lose it?
SimonNovember 23, 2015 at 10:17 pm #2708
Sorry to hear about the hassle. I’ll be able to take a look in 20mins or so. Chat then.November 23, 2015 at 10:50 pm #2710
simonNovember 23, 2015 at 10:57 pm #2712
I’m online 🙂
I’ll need a little info:
* How did this page look before?
* Are revisions active? Click Screen Options and enable Revisions. Does it help to roll back?
* What plugin did you install and then uninstall?
* Was this page originally built using SiteOrigin Page Builder or the regular Visual/Text tabs?
* Is there meant to be a sidebar present?
ThanksNovember 23, 2015 at 11:04 pm #2714
* How did this page look before? Exactly the same but with no line down the RHS (it’s on all the pages on my little site now)
* Are revisions active? Click Screen Options and enable Revisions. Does it help to roll back? (nope, I can’t spot any code change on the pages, it’s definitely affected the template.
* What plugin did you install and then uninstall? – A stats counter thing. from a company cal wpadm or something. I just freaked and pdeleted it when I realised it was showing a counter on all pages…idiot that i am.
* Was this page originally built using SiteOrigin Page Builder or the regular Visual/Text tabs? Hope page was built usig siteorigin and is unnafected, the other affected pages are built using tabs.
* Is there meant to be a sidebar present? ….NO!!!
thanks for your help!
sNovember 23, 2015 at 11:06 pm #2715
Thanks for the detailed feedback, that helps.
If Appearance > Widgets > Sidebar is empty you shouldn’t have to set each page to Full Width (page template), the page should automatically act as a full-width page when there are no sidebar widgets. Try going to Appearance > Widgets and confirm no widgets have been added to the sidebar.November 23, 2015 at 11:16 pm #2716
To dive into the details for a second, when no sidebar widgets are present, the body tag in the site’s source code, stops printing a class called
sidebar. With this information being removed, the theme reverts to a full-width layout. For some reason, the
sidebartag is printing, even though there are no widgets in the sidebar. My next idea would be to try a plugin conflict test:November 23, 2015 at 11:21 pm #2717
Nope I can’t seem to see any widgets in the sidebar
SNovember 23, 2015 at 11:22 pm #2719
Thanks for checking. Please, try running a plugin conflict test:November 23, 2015 at 11:30 pm #2721
I am trying that out. thnks
sNovember 23, 2015 at 11:31 pm #2722
Thanks.November 23, 2015 at 11:37 pm #2723
Thanks. I did a theme reboot.
seems to have worked.
thanks for your help!
sNovember 23, 2015 at 11:38 pm #2724
Super 🙂 Glad to hear it.
If anything else comes up, please, let me know.
All the best.November 23, 2015 at 11:40 pm #2725
One More thing!!!!
Why is my content title black? I want it to be purple?
SimonNovember 23, 2015 at 11:42 pm #2726
Can you confirm that Appearance > Customize > Theme Design > Content Header > Heading Color is set as required?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.