- November 8, 2018 at 2:36 pm #10881
Hi, I keep getting this error: GET https://fonts.googleapis.com/css net::ERR_ABORTED 400
Any ideas?November 8, 2018 at 2:51 pm #10882
Please, send a link to your site and we’ll take a look.
ThanksNovember 8, 2018 at 2:54 pm #10883
petful.comNovember 8, 2018 at 3:05 pm #10884
Thanks. I can see the issue, I’m just not sure what’s causing it. The font query is missing. We’d need to run a few tests to isolate the cause. If you’d like me to do those for you, please, send me an email on [email protected]othemes.com. If you’d prefer to run them yourself, here is what I’d do:
1. Clear any caches you might have, hosting or plugin level.
2. Switch to the parent theme, same issue?
3. Temporarily deactivate all plugins except for Polestar Premium, same issue?
Thanks again.November 8, 2018 at 3:24 pm #10887
I just switched to parent theme temporarily — the issue was goneNovember 8, 2018 at 3:31 pm #10890
Thanks. It looks like your child style.css file is empty. Please, try adding a head to your child style.css file exactly as is listed here.
Next, check your functions.php file, check to see if you’re setting up your child like this: https://github.com/purothemes/polestar-child/blob/master/functions.php.November 8, 2018 at 3:55 pm #10891
I checked child style.css and the head is there. However, it is blank below the head because all of the custom styles were added using the built-in WordPress customization menu. (I tried removing them there and adding them to custom style.css — but the layout was all messed up so switched back.)
I also checked functions.php and the child setup is correct as is.November 8, 2018 at 4:04 pm #10892
When viewing the child theme style.css file in the developer tool, it’s empty. You can see the same here: https://www.petful.com/wp-content/themes/polestar-child/style.css by going to the link in your browser.
To confirm the issue is with the child theme, please test with all plugins deactivated except for Polestar Premium. Thanks.November 8, 2018 at 4:19 pm #10895
Solved! Sorry, my tech person had added some coding to child functions that overrode the fonts or something like that. I removed it and it works now. Thanks for the help.November 8, 2018 at 6:23 pm #10899
Awesome 🙂 Glad to hear you’ve made progress.
All the best.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.