- This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 10 months ago by Andrew Misplon.
Tagged: banners category pages php coding
- July 11, 2016 at 3:45 pm #4055
So I’m using your awesome theme to build another site and I have a question regarding adding banners to category pages.
As you can see from the link below, this site has four dynamic pages which will act as listings for Workshops, News and Events. I thought it would be nice to create a title banner for each of the pages to save them from otherwise being text heavy, however as I’m not familiar with php coding, any advise on how to do this would be appreciated.
Thank you!July 11, 2016 at 6:12 pm #4057
Sure 🙂 I’m offline for a bit but will take a look and reply as soon as I’m back.July 12, 2016 at 8:53 am #4064
Thanks for your support.
We could use a child theme and add custom widget areas. A possibly easier idea is as follows:
1. Go to Pages and create a page for each of your categories, create a page called Workshops etc.
2. On each page click on the Page Builder tab and insert a Post Loop widget. Select the Blog loop or your chosen loop template.
3. In the query builder go to the Taxonomies field and start typing the name of the category to be displayed, it will appear in an autoselect list.
Once this is done you’ll be free to insert additional content above the post loop and also choose the page template.
Let me know how this goes 🙂July 12, 2016 at 6:59 pm #4085
Thanks for your reply!
The carousel idea would be the easiest option, however I would prefer for the pages to look more like a blog archive, with brief excerpts from each post. A bit like I’ve done here – http://lucyjaneatkinson.com/work/
How would I go about adding a custom widget area? I am already working on a child theme of Ultra.July 13, 2016 at 8:38 am #4092
Thanks for checking this out. My idea was to use the Post Loop (PB) widget which would give you the option to use the Blog template. It sounds like you might have inserted the Post Carousel widget which is similar but only has the single carousel template.July 15, 2016 at 11:26 am #4125
You’re right! I used the wrong widget. Sorry about that. Post Loop works great. Thank you!July 15, 2016 at 1:05 pm #4126
Super 🙂 Glad to hear that helped.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.